We would like to add a legal assistant to our team, in a full time position in the Litigation and Labor Law group.
Do you want to work closely with the members of a dynamic and respectful team? Do you like to communicate openly and have real responsibilities that call on your strengths?
As a Legal Assistant in our Litigation and Labor Law group, you will:
- Prepare various usual legal proceedings (formal notice, endorsement, originating request, transaction, default entry, case protocol, entry for trial and judgment, statement of costs, argument plan) as well as contracts and other agreements;
- Calculate deadlines for proceedings and make entries in the lawyers’ agenda;
- Open and maintain files;
- Transcription of dictations;
- Billing management;
- Manage lawyers’ agendas and ensure that deadlines are met in their files;
- Design various documents in Word, Excel, PPT formats;
- Convert documents to PDF format;
- Correct and verify documents, formatting and spelling.
- Carry out and manage archiving of electronic and paper documents;
- Provide assistance to other team assistants as needed.
We believe that you should have the following qualifications to excel in the role:
- have training in legal support or a related field;
- have between two (2) and five (5) years of experience;
- master French, written and spoken;
- master the use of Office 365 suite;
- master the use of a digital dictaphone;
- be very well organized, have initiative, be flexible and know how to adapt your working style to the situation and to the clientele;
- be able to juggle simultaneous deadlines and know how to prioritize tasks;
- enjoy communication and strive for success even in small tasks.